Events Calender
23/324/325/326/327/328/329/3
30/331/31/42/43/44/45/4
6/47/48/49/410/411/412/4
13/414/415/416/417/418/419/4
To see the links move the mouse on the highlighted days!
Milanofotografo.it
Culture and Fun Section
HomePhotographyServices (only Italian)

Campiglia Cervo- Parish Church of the Saints Bernhard und Joseph

Foto Parish Church of the Saints Bernhard und Joseph -  of historical value  of artistic value
Foto Parish Church of the Saints Bernhard und Joseph -  of historical value  of artistic value
Foto Parish Church of the Saints Bernhard und Joseph -  of historical value  of artistic value
Foto Parish Church of the Saints Bernhard und Joseph -  of historical value  of artistic value
Foto Parish Church of the Saints Bernhard und Joseph -  of historical value  of artistic value
Show to visit in the Biella area:
Places  of historical value  of artistic value in the Biella area: Parish Church of the Saints Bernhard und JosephThe parish church of Campiglia Cervo, dedicated to the saints Bernard and Joseph, is of the end of the sixteenth century and represents an expansion of the existing chapel originally dedicated to St. Martin.
The church, grafted on the back in several surrounding buildings, shows outside the granite stone from the valley with which it is made, except for the facade, in Baroque style.

The new recently installed lighting system allows to appreciate the richly decorated interiors, dominated by colors from yellow to orange. Many of the frescoes, in particular on the ceiling, seem to date back to the nineteenth century.

The most important art work in the church is a great altarpiece by Bernardino Lanino, depicting the patron saints of the Valley, commissioned by the local community to the great painter from Vercelli in 1565, when the erection of the church had just been planned. This painting was restored by Federico Rosazza in 1871 and more recently, in 1997, on the initiative of Doc.Bi and of a group of young entrepreneurs of the Industrial Union of Biella.
Another valuable framework contained in the church is the one depicting the crucifixion of Christ, the local painter Giovanni Antonio Cucchi, who became in 1700 Director of the Ambrosiana accademy in Milan. Noteworthy are furthermore the works of wood carving in the side chapels, made by Bartolomeo Termine and Pietro Antonio Serpentiero.

Interesting is the Chapel of St. Anthony, on the left side of the church, which is a small church within the church. The chapel has in fact a Latin cross planimetry, with two small side chapels to create a transept in miniature, and is separated from the rest of the church by a large window. The latter has a curious wooden frame the upper part of which looks like a spider web.

The church possesses a large bell tower in granite stone, finished in 1653.

The parish church of Campiglia Cervo also has other interesting features: as already mentioned its back is engaged in other buildings, so that several windows are in fact interior windows, which look over an enclosed space.
Above the apse there is an old theater / cinema, running until the fifties, and now unusable because of the lack of regulated accesses.

More pictures of the Parish Church of Campiglia Cervo

Categories: Places of historical value of artistic value

Search Parish Church of the Saints Bernhard und Joseph in the section Photography!


Via Roma, 87, 13812 Campiglia Cervo BI