Events Calender
23/524/525/526/527/528/529/5
30/531/51/62/63/64/65/6
6/67/68/69/610/611/612/6
13/614/615/616/617/618/619/6
To see the links move the mouse on the highlighted days!
Milanofotografo.it
Culture and Fun Section
HomePhotographyServices (only Italian)

Church of Sant'Angelo

Foto Church of Sant'Angelo -  Churches / Religious buildings
Foto Church of Sant'Angelo -  Churches / Religious buildings
Foto Church of Sant'Angelo -  Churches / Religious buildings
Foto Church of Sant'Angelo -  Churches / Religious buildings
Foto Church of Sant'Angelo -  Churches / Religious buildings
Foto Church of Sant'Angelo -  Churches / Religious buildings
Foto Church of Sant'Angelo -  Churches / Religious buildings
Foto Church of Sant'Angelo -  Churches / Religious buildings
Foto Church of Sant'Angelo -  Churches / Religious buildings
Foto Church of Sant'Angelo -  Churches / Religious buildings
Show an other treasure of art and history in Milan:
Milan - Churches / Religious buildings: Church of Sant'AngeloMostly represented styles: Baroque

The church of Sant Angelo is another wondeful church of Milan absolutely off the usual tourist routes.
Located near the MM3 underground station Turati, it faces a small tree-lined square. On the left there is, since the company was founded Feb. 21, 1552, the Milan branch of the Order of Minor Friars of the Observance of St. Francis.

The church and convent were built by order of the governor Luigi Gonzaga, replacing an earlier church. The project was completed in 1584. The present facade dates back to 1630 and the small bell tower is from 1607.

The building is divided into a wide aisle, surrounded on both sides by a series of chapels and covered by a barrel vault, followed by a large transept with a voult beautifully decorated and a deep chancel.
The chapels are a total of nineteen, eight per side on the main nave and three around the transept. They belonged to noble families and corporations of the city of Milan, who ordered the decorations over the centuries, throughout the sixteenth century, seventeenth and eighteenth centuries, to the latest, dating to the last half of the twentieth century. In the decorarions it occurs often the radiant sun with the monogram IHS, a symbol of Christ diffused by Franciscan St. Bernardino of Siena.

Other pictures on the Google+ page

Sourches:
Arte.it
Page on Wikipedia

If you are interested in a guided tour of this monument send an email!

Categories: Churches / Religious buildings


Piazza Sant Angelo, 2, 20121 Milano