Events Calender
4/45/46/47/48/49/410/4
11/412/413/414/415/416/417/4
18/419/420/421/422/423/424/4
25/426/427/428/429/430/41/5
To see the links move the mouse on the highlighted days!
Milanofotografo.it
Culture and Fun Section
HomePhotographyServices (only Italian)

Villa Clerici in Niguarda

Foto Villa Clerici in Niguarda -  Villas und palaces
Foto Villa Clerici in Niguarda -  Villas und palaces
Foto Villa Clerici in Niguarda -  Villas und palaces
Foto Villa Clerici in Niguarda -  Villas und palaces
Foto Villa Clerici in Niguarda -  Villas und palaces
Foto Villa Clerici in Niguarda -  Villas und palaces
Foto Villa Clerici in Niguarda -  Villas und palaces
Foto Villa Clerici in Niguarda -  Villas und palaces
Foto Villa Clerici in Niguarda -  Villas und palaces
Foto Villa Clerici in Niguarda -  Villas und palaces
Show an other treasure of art and history in Milan:
Milan - Villas und palaces: Villa Clerici in NiguardaMostly represented styles: 0

Villa Clerici in Niguarda is located on the outskirts of Milan, near the Niguarda Hospital. At the time of its construction it was abundantly outside the city limits, in the small village of Niguarda, annexed to Milan just in 1923. Therefore, when it was built in the '20s and '30s of the eighteenth century, designed by Francesco Croce, it was intended to be the country residence of the family Clerici who, in Milan, lived at Clerici Palace.
At the end of the nineteenth century Villa Clerici in Niguarda went into decadence, with the loss of all its furniture and the installation of a spinning mill inside of it.
In 1912, Mario Ganzini installed a photography materials and cameras factory in it and started the restoration of the complex. Starting from 1927 it became the seat of the Casa di Redenzione Sociale della Compagnia di San Paolo, aimed at recovering ex-prisoners and disadvantaged young people.
In 1955, inspired by Dondolo Bellini, in the renovated rooms the Gallery of Contemporary Sacred Art is created, which includes a rich collection of works of sacred art of many important artists.

Villa Clerici in Niguardais characterized by understated elegance, with an U-shaped structure, comprising a three-storey main building and two sidewings ending with a small chapel each. The entrance is located behind a large colonnaded atrium. The rooms on the ground floor still preserved eighteenth-century frescoes. The largest room, the Hall of Mirrors, is decorated with mirrors and decotations in Neoclassical style.
The rooms upstairs have walls mostly bare, but adorned around many doors by some trompe-l'oeil dating back to the eighteenth century and representing the Arts.

Noteworthy is the park, especially considering that Villa Clerici in Niguarda is located in the fully inside of the city. It is divided into two parts.
On the one hand the one in front of the villa, redesigned in the twentieth century by the founder of the Gallery of Contemporary Sacred Art of Dandolo Bellini as a free interpretation of the "Italian" garden. There are some fountains and twelve eighteenth-century statues in it.
Furthermore there is the rear park, the largest of the two, which includes two theaters, classical-looking, but in fact built just ​​in the 60s and 70s of the twentieth century, using recovery materials of World War II bombings dating back XVI-XVIII centuries.

Villa Clerici in Niguarda can be visited for a fee. For details, see www.villaclerici.it/.

Other pictures of Villa Clerici in Niguarda on the Google+ page

If you are interested in a guided tour of this monument send an email!

Categories: Villas und palaces


Via Terruggia8/14, 20162 Milano